After three fruitless hours of farming, and heck, revered reputation with the entire Steamwheedle Cartel, reality set in and I think I realise why I avoided those statistics classes back in college. At some point, I couldn't bear to kill another Swashbuckler or Deckhand and questioned why I was there. I mean, I'm not even a pet collector! It was time to take a good long look at my to-do list before cataclysm. Some call it the "bucket list"...which I suppose works since Azeroth will be hitting the bucket pretty soon. I realise it's less than a month before the cataclysm hits, but better late than never! Here it is:
- Complete the Loremaster Achievement: Check! This was a fun one but then I am sort of a questing geek. I even found a quest while farming the Bloodsail mobs - Cortello's Riddle. There's no escaping it.
- Acquire Reins of the Raven Lord: Check! It took about a month of daily dedicated farming for this one. Special thanks to my pocket-tank warrior, for this =)
- Complete the Druid Epic Swift Flight Questline: Check! I actually completed all the steps to this one before the Wrath expansion, but the simply didnt want to go through heroic Setthekk at that level. I picked it up soon after completing my Guardian of Cenarius title - and I'm glad I did since they did away with the class-specific quests.
- Acquire Reins of the Winterspring Frostsaber: Incomplete. I love my ground mounts, and I particularly love sabers. I hope I will have the patience and perseverance for this, but farming Wintersaber reputation is just about the most tedious thing I can think of. The hardest part is constantly travelling to and from the quest-giver - literally traversing Winterspring in its entirety. Did I mention it's the same quest over and over again? Siiigh. But the saber is so pretty.
- Acquire Swift Zulian Tiger: Incomplete. Ha! Sorry...I couldn't resist. =P Well the drop chance for this beauty is extremely low at a 0.8% from High Priest Thekal. I have been farming this quite consistently now but I might never see it drop. Infact, some argue its better to get the 100% guaranteed Wintersaber than the elusive Zulian Tiger. I say, get them both!
- Acquire Feralheart Raiment: Check! A beautiful set to have although the questline really does test you. For information on the quests and tips, see my Feralheart Raiment post.
- Acquire Cenarion Raiment: Incomplete. So close yet so far! I decided to get this set for roleplaying purposes as well as to have my one complete set from vanilla days. I have everything but the Cenarion Vestments. Oh Gods of Molten Core drops, please shine down upon me!
- Acquire Hyacinth Macaw: Incomplete. Yes, I've decided it goes in here afterall. Granted I'm not a pet collector but that bird just looks so darn cool! The good news from WarcraftPets is that it will not disappear come Cataclysm...so there is still hope. In the meantime, I might take to farming the Auction House instead. =)
- Complete the Classic Dungeon Master achievement: Incomplete. I'm only missing one at the moment for this: Ragefire Chasm. Well, now I know what to do if I ever have sleepless night....sneak into Orgrimmar when all the hordies are asleep!
Now off I go to collect some incense and flowers for the Gods of Molten Core Drops and the Zulian Tiger Gods.